Support for LV2 externalUI

Can someone please tell me if ardour 2.8.3 supports LV2 external_UI properly before I waste another day on this? I was under the impression it did, but after many hours spent tracking down a segfault caused by a (slightly) malformed .ttl file - it appears all I can get it to do now is open a conventional LV2 as in previous versions. The external UI extensions never get called.
It also seems that the conventional LV2 activate / deactivate functions get called multiple times and some times in an unpredictable order when deleting or removing a plugin which is disconcerting…

I don’t know what defines as “properly” but at least lv2fil, which supposedly uses it, works fine in 2.8.3.
However, I haven’t been able to confirm that it didn’t work in 2.8.2. The install I have of that was probably manually patched with Nedkos patch.

I tried it with the latest git version of lv2fil since the released 0.2.0 depends on pyliblo and I don’t seem to have that properly configured/installed

Edit : It also confirms my belief that LADSPA sliders are soooo superior to knobs when it comes to mouse editing. Also, lv2fil’s lack of manual input of values doesn’t help either…

Can you show a backtrace of segfaulted ardour because of malformed .ttl file?

Ok, I’ll spend some more time on it and see if I can get it to work, at the moment I have reduced the plugin to a very simple set of stub functions for each of the required functions in the API, and I see the plugin get loaded, instantiated and activated (it even passes audio through a simple ‘clean’ audio path) but I cannot get any of the external UI functions to be called by the host. Perhaps I’m just overlooking something simple - I confess my judgement was slightly clouded by ‘code rage’ earlier…
I guess I spent too much time re-coding the GUI in XLib…

@nedko: I’ll see if I still have it, I’ve since been editing the ttl file quite a lot, I think it was caused by a missing semi-colon