sudo aptitude install aircrack-ng appears to have ruined my Ardour installation!

I was installing sudo aptitude install aircrack-ng but only noticed until after I’d given it the ‘Y’ go ahead that it has removed the following packages:

The following packages will be REMOVED: cdbs{u} dh-buildinfo{u} diffstat{u} fdupes{u} intltool{u} jackd{u} ladcca2{u} ladspa-sdk{u} libart-2.0-dev{u} libasound2-dev{u} libatk1.0-dev{u} libaubio-dev{u} libaubio2{u} libaudclient1{u} libaudid3tag1{u} libbinio1ldbl{u} libboost-date-time-dev{u} libboost-date-time1.34.1{u} libboost-dev{u} libboost-doc{u} libboost-filesystem-dev{u} libboost-filesystem1.34.1{u} libboost-graph-dev{u} libboost-graph1.34.1{u} libboost-iostreams-dev{u} libboost-program-options-dev{u} libboost-program-options1.34.1{u} libboost-python-dev{u} libboost-python1.34.1{u} libboost-regex-dev{u} libboost-regex1.34.1{u} libboost-serialization-dev{u} libboost-serialization1.34.1{u} libboost-signals-dev{u} libboost-signals1.34.1{u} libboost-test-dev{u} libboost-test1.34.1{u} libboost-thread-dev{u} libboost-thread1.34.1{u} libboost-wave-dev{u} libboost-wave1.34.1{u} libcairomm-1.0-dev{u} libcddb2{u} libfftw3-dev{u} libfluidsynth1{u} libglade2-dev{u} libglademm-2.4-dev{u} libglibmm-2.4-dev{u} libgnomecanvas2-dev{u} libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-1c2a{u} libgnomecanvasmm-2.6-dev{u} libgtk2.0-dev{u} libgtkmm-2.4-dev{u} libjack-dev{u} liblo0-dev{u} liblo0ldbl{u} liblrdf0-dev{u} libmcs1{u} libmowgli1{u} libmp4v2-0{u} libmtp8{u} libpangomm-1.4-dev{u} libraptor1-dev{u} libresid-builder0c2a{u} libsamplerate0-dev{u} libsidplay2{u} libsigc++-2.0-dev{u} libsoundtouch1-dev{u} libxcomposite-dev{u} libxcursor-dev{u} libxdamage-dev{u} libxfixes-dev{u} libxinerama-dev{u} libxrandr-dev{u} libxslt1-dev{u} linux-headers-2.6.27-7{u} linux-headers-2.6.27-7-generic{u} patchutils{u} python-dev{u} python-openssl{u} python-pam{u} python-pyopenssl{u} python-serial{u} python-twisted{u} python-twisted-bin{u} python-twisted-conch{u} python-twisted-core{u} python-twisted-lore{u} python-twisted-mail{u} python-twisted-names{u} python-twisted-news{u} python-twisted-runner{u} python-twisted-web{u} python-twisted-words{u} qjackctl{u} quilt{u} scons{u} sharutils{u} x11proto-composite-dev{u} x11proto-damage-dev{u} x11proto-fixes-dev{u} x11proto-randr-dev{u} x11proto-xinerama-dev{u}

It seems to have removed jackd and many other audio packages - why would it do this? I’m frustrated as to why it would need to remove JACK??!

Now when I try & run ardour2 I get:

WARNING: Your system has a limit for maximum amount of locked memory! This might cause Ardour to run out of memory before your system runs out of memory. You can view the memory limit with 'ulimit -l', and it is normally controlled by /etc/security/limits.conf
/usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour-2.7.1: error while loading shared libraries: liblo.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any help would be much appreciated!

Remove aircrack and reinstall jack & all the other audio apps aircrack’s bombed.

Then go and ask politely whoever’s wi-fi you want to borrow.

That’s what I’d do, anyhow :wink:

Cheers, got the packages re-installed and it works fine now! :wink:

I’ll give the wi-fi cracking a miss for now…