Sudden death

Dear ardour pros!

At the last few days I installed several linux distributions, and had the same problem. Started ardour, made some music and the program just made a sudden exit. Just from one sec to an other…When I start it again, no recovery option. I have an Intel Core 2 duo processor and most of the distributions uesd max 400 MB of ram from my 2 GB.Also have 2 gb swap. I tried to uncheck realtime option, check unlock memory and dont lock memory stuff, but I think got the same Made it a lot of times so I’m not really considered about it.My other question is, that I make a 4/4 kick base. I use some fulters and eqs. Than I record the whole thing to an other chanel, and try to duplicate it, but at the begining of every part, the sounds are a little different. I realised that maybe the program cut too much from the first sound. Hope you understand it:)

Thanks,

Pete

You likely have a limit on the amount of memory Ardour can access. Start Ardour from a terminal, and then copy and paste the output of the terminal surrounded by CODE tags here so that we can take a look at it, I suspect the first thing you see will be a warning about a limited amount of memory.

Seablade

Ardour 2.8.11
(built using 7387 and GCC version 4.5.1)
Copyright © 1999-2008 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright © Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
loading default ui configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour2_ui_default.conf
loading user ui configuration file /home/addae/.ardour2/ardour2_ui.conf
Loading ui configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour2_ui_dark.rc
ardour: [INFO]: Ardour will be limited to 4096 open files
loading system configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour_system.rc
loading user configuration file /home/addae/.ardour2/ardour.rc
ardour: [INFO]: No H/W specific optimizations in use
ardour: [INFO]: looking for control protocols in /home/addae/.ardour2/surfaces/:/usr/lib/ardour2/surfaces/
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: “Generic MIDI”
powermate: Opening of powermate failed - Nincs ilyen fájl vagy könyvtár
ardour: [INFO]: Control protocol powermate not usable
ardour: [INFO]: Control surface protocol discovered: “Mackie”
ardour: [INFO]: Control protocol Tranzport not usable
Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property GtkWidget::cursor-color' of typeGdkColor’ from rc file value “((GString*) 0x31c9a20)” of type `GString’

Thanks for the fast responde. I tried to make to unlimit the memory before I made this. Now it is running around 30 minutes well. Also, there some loud white noises, think that is my integrated HD audio card. Is there some way to quiet it down?

Thanks,

Pete