Subscribe solutions w/o credit card and paypal

Hi all,

as we see to the right, financial support still isn’t as high as it should and could be. I have the feeling that there are quite some people here who would subscribe (c’mon, 2-3 beers less a month and you’ve got it in a “1st world” country) but are held back due to the need for paypal and credit card.

For me, paypal would work, but I don’t have a credit card, and paypal wants one from me. It neither doesn’t work if I have a high enough balance on my paypal account, it still asks for a credit card.

zettberlin has written in this thread
http://ardour.org/node/904
about an idea that the community in a country could send their money via their bank accounts to one person with a credit card who will then forward the money to Paul.
Of course it would need some tranparency somehow.

1. is moneybrookers a possibility?
    I don’t know anything about them besides that it’s something like paypal. Maybe it works better wouldn’t be avoided as paypal?

2. other ideas?

Regards
Benjamin

Ok, I can see this is a little more serious than thought. I live in a country (Mexico) where economically we are extremely busted, especially at this strange and hard times, this is not new for anyone, we all know how bad things have been shaping these past years. I am an active user of Ardour and have had a certain amount of guilt just using it (although not for commercial use, but for fun during my free time) without supporting it. It’s a bit hard for me at the moment to become a constant suscriber, but will for sure become a donator with varying amounts here and there.

I want to tell and ask everyone who hasn’t donated or suscribed, to please help Paul and this wonderful project, I don’t think the amount is the main key here, it’s just about everyone putting just that little extra effort, in my case, I am quitting smoking at the moment and intend to use part of that money from such an unnecessary expense to something like this project, then when things shape up a little more (hopefully), I will then donate a bit more or even become a full time suscriber.

What I’m trying to say is that we can all scrape something from somewhere and give it here, I’m quite sure that will make quite a difference!

Let’s keep Ardour up and running, shall we?

Best to all

Joe

I propose another system in addition to subscribing on a level you can afford. If you make money using Ardour, decide on a percentage of the gains, and donate. It’s only fair.

Q

Damnit… We need at least to double the subscribers or triple them to keep up the work… That’s one the worst news I’ve heard for a long time (SAE dropping support).

I am not a subscriber (due to no credit card) but I donate about 100 Euro a year. What’S the way to go for easier and more subscriptons?!!?!?!?

Ardour3 is on the way… can’t stop now!

Benjamin

Damnit… We need at least to double the subscribers or triple them to keep up the work… That’s one the worst news I’ve heard for a long time (SAE dropping support).

I am not a subscriber (due to no credit card) but I donate about 100 Euro a year. What’S the way to go for easier and more subscriptons?!!?!?!?

Ardour3 is on the way… can’t stop now!

Benjamin