Still Helm Synth causes Segmentation Fault in Ardour (solved -> was caused by SpeedrumLite 0.9.2. Plugin)

Still have the Problem that I can’t use Helm Synth 0.9.0 64bit in Ardour 7.2.0 (and earlier versions) - Still Segmantation Fault.
Helm Works e.g. in Tracktion … but I love Ardour …

Kernel: 5.4.0-139-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.4.0
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.2.7 wm: muffin dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 20.3 Una
base: Ubuntu 20.04 focal

That’s 0.9.0 Helm as both an LV2 and VST3 plugin, running on Linux inside Ardour 7.3 (local build). I also tested it with the official release of 7.2. No issues.

Where did you get Ardour from?

Hi Paul - wow I’m honored - I caused a ‘matter for the boss’ :smiley:
yes I have to confess, that I was ‘crying on the wrong party’ … I spent the whole night to brake this down - as it looks like that no one else might have this problem …
It turned out that the real problem here was a SpeedumLite 0.92 Plugin which caused this Segemetation Fault … It works fine with all other plugins but when it comes together with helm this causes this problem → and then, the problem stays consistent ! as long as Ardour will not be restarted → so just deleting the Speedrum Plugin or deleting the channel where it was loaded into before, does not help ! - some memory might stay damaged from this Plugin…
I can replicate this problem in Tracktion → Tracktion crashes as well in this constellation.
But there I never stumbled over it, because Tracktion has a own Drum Sampler , which I used during testing Tracktion - and I don’t use Tracktion by itself very often - only their Content Plugins.

So it became clear that it’s the SpeedrumLite 0.9.2. Plugin - not helm and thanks god → not Ardour !
I am very sorry for the inconvenience and turbulences I caused here.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.