Still having the locale problem...

I still have the problem with missing text in menus and stuff because of my locale (sv_SE-iso8859-1) in ardour 2.0 beta 10…
Is it possible to make ardour run with standard locale without changing my systems locale? Or do I have to run my system in like en_US or something?

And one more thing… How do i use the MIDI tracks that were programmed this summer for ardour 2? Or is it not finished yet?

//kratz

You can edit the “ardour2” script which launches Ardour and set the locale in there to en_US, or “C”.

2.0 will not include MIDI tracks, it’s a post 2.0 feature. Some of the software architectural changes due to the MIDI tracks are in 2.0, but not the feature itself.

My /usr/local/bin/ardour2 looks like this:

#!/bin/sh

export GTK_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ardour2:$GTK_PATH

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/ardour2:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is for Darwin

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

exec /usr/local/lib/ardour2/ardour.bin $*

And i dont really get it where the locale is supposed to be specified?

It doesn’t set the locale as-it-is. You need to changet it if you want it to run Ardour with a different locale than the system default.

Do you have any idea what to add to the script?

I solved it by reading another post:) thaks for your help!

I just committed another fix for this issue. The problem is caused by your locale specifying iso-8859-1. All our translations are in UTF-8 format, and there was an extra call required to force the internationalization code to use UTF-8 even when your locale said to use iso-8859-1. This is now in svn.