Stereo to mono plugins or convert to mono

Lately I’ve been playing around with stereo to mono plugins and I find it very helpful to turn stereo files into mono that need to be like kick and sub bass etc, but I’m wondering if I add other plugins after that mono conversion I guess it will be stereo plugins, but I also guess I should use mono plugins after that conversion plugin but I’m thinking if it will just be more efficient for cpu and just overall to just convert those files to mono and move on from there

More efficient for CPU, slightly.

True amount of difference? Honestly not huge on modern processors.

Honestly if your stereo files are just two identical waveforms on L and R (Which is really just mono anyways), you can just keep them as stereo as well and keep their balance centered. No real need to convert.

Seablade

Ya cause I find it very anoying and time consuming to always convert multiple files in mono and create a new track for them and all of that. I was trying to find a better way to do it, also there is a LUA script to do this but it doesn’t work.

If I may ask: Why do you get stereo files of “mono sources” to begin with? I very very rarely have that case…

Well when I do my music Production and I export the tracks they are stereo.

OK, thanks - as I do mainly recordings of “real” instruments this is unusual for me… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ya real instruments is what I’m aiming for. I don’t always like the sound of virtual instruments, as I know many are created with real instruments but it’s not the same

I don’t always like the sound of the real instruments I record… :rofl:

1 Like

Ouch lol maybe I should be careful what I ask for. I understand because maybe there is more work involved to record real instruments properly and mix choices and angles and amps etc

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.