step enter

hello all.
I do not know if this is the right section of the forum.
I noticed that you enter using step makes record notes automatically even if you have not given manaulmente recording, and that the notes are set on the length of pre gui “keyboard” would not be better to make sure that when you squeeze the button feels the sound for all the pressure of the button? and that the notes are inserted in the piano roll by hand only when recording? If one wanted to experiment to hear what is going to put in the track midi can not do it this way …

@gusta: feature requests not present in tracker.ardour.org will very likely be forgotten or ignored. in addition, i don’t really know what you mean by “make sure that when you squeeze the button feels the sound for all the pressure of the button”. We are not timing how long you press the button for. I don’t know of any other sequencer that does this.

I stated I’ve got in mantix.
means that if I press the button on the keypad that corresponds to the key step on the enter button you hear the sound for the duration of pressing the keyboard of the PC, achieving the same function of an external midi keyboard …
eneter the step, for as I have seen it work, has predetermined lengths of the notes selected by the interface.
atra and a thing that I did not understand very well, because every time I press a button is automatically inserted in midi sequencer, instead deciding the time that the notes you play I am registered, but feel that, by starting the recording