Stem export dialog UX with lots of ranges

I feel I’ve asked this before but I can’t find the topic, so maybe I dreamt it, or it was on IRC…

Anyway, I need to export 1000s of ranges for my sampling project. However I don’t need to export all at once, in my current project it’s two instruments with different mic setups so I need to export about 500 at a time.

Currently I have to select the ranges one at a time in the export dialog. This is really unpleasant, I can speed up the process a lot by using my keyboard to do the one at a time selection, but it’s still really slow.

Peek 2024-01-02 15-48

Is there a way to make the selection via a lua script or editing a text file?

Ideally I’d like it if I could just hold shift and click to select a group of regions to export, then hold ctrl and click to start the selection of a second/third/fourth/etc. Similar to what’s possible in most file browsers.

:exploding_head:

I guess we should add a “select all” option.

There is no easy solution, but you could try the following:

Export just one region, then save the session. This will create <StemExportProfile> in the .ardour session file which includes a list of active ranges under <ExportTimespan>. Now you can fill in all the 1000 Ranges, which is still a hassle since you have to refer to them by ID.

e.g.

<StemExportProfile>
      <ExportTimespan format="Timecode">
        <Range id="565" realtime="0"/>
        <Range id="573" realtime="0"/>
      </ExportTimespan>

There is a select all option already :slight_smile: I don’t want to select all, I want to select one or more subsets.

@x42 I notice this kind of multi-selection is already possible in the import window, does the stem export widget not have the same kind of functionality available?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.