Speak - Paradigm Change (roots dub)

Another dub tune:

This time I feel it’s more in the style of proper roots. Hope you dig it, would love to know either way!

2 Likes

Nice one! This is typically the delay type i’m after, those on wich you can get abusing feedbacks :wink:

And with vocals to play with it fills well the gaps, well done

1 Like

Yeah, this one is sadly a commercial delay (and tape simulation) from Uhe called Satin. It’s a wonderful delay but can definitely be a bit pricey if you’re on a low budget.

Thanks for the positive comment!

Maybe not budget , + i tend to use only free libre softwares for personnal ethic reason :slight_smile:

Yup understandable, that’s why I also mentioned Tal Dub 3! :+1:

Hi @speak!

Another great one! Very sonically interesting… I like the very static hi-hat that seems to stick out prominently in the mix while everything swirls around it, I also like the short ambient delay on the sidesticks. For me I’d like a bigger and deeper Kick drum with reverb but that is opinion and I’m obsessed with Kick drum sounds…lol

As usual your mixes and compositions are top-notch!

Thanks so much!

Haha, I funnily did experiment with a bit of spring reverb on the kick, but it was just too insane for the mix. :smiley: Sadly I had to mix on cheap headphones so the punch of the kick might not have as much oompf as I’d like. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for the nice comment.

And then we remid early dubs with all the drums sent together via 1 send to reverb or delay.

Tried this as a root concept with the avl zepelin with stereo out sent to fx buses.
Was pretty fun times, but obviously too hard for a proper mix with my near to the floor mixing abilities :smiley:

You should try, that is weird !

I think massive attack did on the cover of that nice dong “man next door” that gave it a moreopressive feeling than on the original track.