Soundcards working with Ardour on Linux

Xair Edit runs directly on LinuxMint. You don’t need Wine. You can run xair edit on your pc of smartphone without the mixer so you can have an idee of the possibilities.

Another element, I was very surprised that the mixer almost no latency have. First I thought I made a mistake.

The digital mixer also have effects in it. Compressor, Delay, Reverb etc… So when you play or sing you don’t have any latency.

Downloaded it… looks incredible. Thank you! But down you miss the physical faders or would it be possible to use something like Novation Launchcontrol XL to get that too?

Look at this : Using X-TOUCH to Control X AIR Digital Mixers - YouTube

Really interesting! I have a few Behringer synths like the Deepmind 12 and Crave but it seems the controlprograms are only Windows or Mac OSX. Do you know of a way to still be able to control the synths from Linux?

I am affraid you can’t control these synth from linux

I’ve got the 3rd version of the 2i2. It’s uneventfully lovely. The 4i4 has some additional line inputs if you need more.

RME is gold standard, but rather expensive, and while their devices work, the control application (totalmix) may not.

I’ve been searching the web for a while to see if anyone has started coding a replacement for this Totaamix fx app for Linux. As far as I know, no one has planned to do such a thing.

Unfortunately, my own expertise is limited only to the use of applications. Career choice issue :smile:

I managed to get the Deepmind 12 control program to run in Wine bottles and it works as it is supposed to. However the mouse cursor disappear after a few seconds and will only show up if I move to the window header or outside the window. I have not yet found and sulotion for this behaviour… ;o(

I recommend checking out (or even better, contributing to) soundcards - h-node.org for detailed information about hardware performance on GNU/Linux. Most importantly, it specifies whether a piece of hardware works using exclusively free software.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.