Sound not played at the beginning of a loop

Hello,

Using ardour3 I pilot hardware synthesizers connected midi. For that I created in ardour3 a midi sequence of 8 steps repeated 4 times, so 32 steps. When I put these 32 steps in a loop, there is no problem during the 32 measures, but when returning to the first measure, there is an irregularity, a timing issue, and hardwares do not play the instruments note on the first time, or the plays late. I have the same problem if I drive a virtual instrument. The first note on the first beat of the loop is not played.

Thank you by advance for your help,

Chapolin

Thank you for the answers.
Even like that i can work good with ardour3 and the midi. But it will be a real pleasure when loops will be work fine. In waiting, good courage for your good work !

I think this might be a known bug. there are still known bugs in MIDI that are being worked on.

I stopped using MIDI as it become an excersise in frustration.

a new version of ardour should be due soon which will hopefully address some of the quirky behaviour of MIDI regions

Not that soon - first we have the “cairocanvas” release which is a complete reimplementation of the editor display graphics system (and many other things). MIDI improvements come after that, Progess is a bit delayed while I’m in Kyiv helping another product based on Ardour get started.