Sort templates tracks

Hi all
it is possible to order alphabetically track, bus or vca templates?
I tried but I could not achieve it
Sorry my bad english
Regards

Not possible, sorry.

Hi Paul
You do not have to worry
I was looking inside
/home/user/.config/ardour5/route_templates
but I could not find out what value is what gives the list order
If you have any thread, I could try to edit it manually
Thank you

Under the hood Ardour eventually uses readdir on Unix systems. The order is somewhat random (depends on the file-system), and is the same as with ls -f.

As @paul said, it is currently not possible to sort these, at least not without modifying Ardour itself.

I get it
Thanks for your time
Greetings =)

Quick heads up: The next version of Ardour will sort route templates alphabetically by name. If you’re impatient, you may be able to backport this to 5.12

1 Like

Wow!
in my country we say: “Esto se va a descontrolar” (this is going to get out of control)
I will destroy a bit of code while I drink some beers, jeje
Thank you

On the topic of impatience (hehe…) is the .cc file for the faderport16 in the github working? Or partially working at least? And if so, how would I go about “backporting” it to 5.12? Do I just copy it somewhere into /usr/share/?

The good news, yes FaderPort 16 is already fully supported in Ardour/git, but the bad news is that it’s not trivial to backport it to Ardour 5.12. It’s not a single file, nor a single commit, but substantive changes. It would need extra work to make it compile with Ardour 5.x.

Alas, no. You’d have to re-compile Ardour.

1 Like