[SOLVED] MIDI editing - connection of MIDI Parts

Hello,

i have two questions according MIDI editing. I havn’t found some information so i ask at this place. Maybe i don’t know the right search words…

1. How can i put MIDI Parts together? I recorded a MIDI melody and copied it 4 times. (1.3.1, 1.3.9, 1.3.4, 1.3.5) Is it possible to glue these 4 together together in one MIDI-Part?

1.3.1, 1.3.9, 1.3.4, 1.3.5 sould be one part. (see Picture below)

1. I would like to transpose my melody after 4 beats. So i copied one Midi-Part and select “transpose”. The problem is, that also the other beats are transposed after this. Are the
    MIDI Parts connected? How can i split this connection?

Bildschirmfoto%20vom%202019-09-09%2021-06-50
1.3.14 should be transposed. But not the other 4 Parts 1.3.1, 1.3.9, 1.3.4, 1.3.5

Thank you and best regards
Florian!

Yes, the are by default [1]. Region > MIDI > Unlink from other copies allows to break this connection. Either the global Menu, or the context menu of a given region.

[1] you can change this default in Session > Properties > Misc > MIDI region copies are independent. Keep in mind that you cannot re-link regions once they’re independent.

How can i put MIDI Parts together? I recorded a MIDI melody and copied it 4 times. (1.3.1, 1.3.9, 1.3.4, 1.3.5) Is it possible to glue these 4 together together in one MIDI-Part?

Switch to “Range” mode -> Select any desired area of the regions -> Open context menu (right mouse button) -> Choose “Consolidate Range”

p.s. You can select even arbitrary range (not necessary to select the whole regions) - and this consolidates the range.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help Robin and cooltehno! It works as expected :slight_smile: