solo / mute / rec-enable groups

I haven’t figured out yet how the edit groups work. I know how to show/hide groups, but how can I solo/mute/rec-enable them? I tried every combination of ctrl/alt/shift+mouse buttons, but nothing worked the way I wanted it to. I need this for larger projects, it’s unnerving to click the small red button for every single one of >10 drum tracks, for example. Any ideas - or is this a missing feature?

I think you have to check the ‘active’ box, or whatever it is next to each group name in either the edit or mixer view.

When a given group is ‘active’ hitting mute/solo/whatever on any one of them will then enact the same setting on each of them . Fader movements will likewise translate to the whole group.

Neat stuff, which I ‘discovered’ by accident last night. ; )

Thanks a lot, I just figured out that there is a difference between editor groups and mixer groups. Would anyone mind if both were the same?

Thanks a lot, I just figured out that there is a difference between editor groups and mixer groups. Would anyone mind if both were the same?

yes, they are not the same at all, a design we inherited from ProTools where it was introduced at the request of many professional audio engineers.

at some point, we might introduce the ability to link them together.

At first I was irked by them not being linked, but shortly saw how larger projects could really profit by having different views for each. An option to link would be great, though.