Showing mixer strips

I am pretty new to Ardour, though I’ve used other DAWs such as Logic, Reaper, LMMS.

I have using a Trial version to get to figure out what it does. I have now succeeded in importing some Midi tracks, and I can play them back, but I want to pan each track individually.

I can only see one mixer strip - the master channel strip. Surely it should be possible to see all the strips somehow. I think even Garageband does that.

I can see how to pan the master strip left/right - but I really need to sell all the strips together. There shouldn’t be too many perhaps 4 at the most.

Switch to “Mixer” view, either by pressing the button in the upper right or typing ALT + M.

Top right corner, you’ll see buttons for “Rec”, “Edit”, “Mix”, etc… Click on “Mix”.

Also, you could also enable “View > Show Editor Mixer”

1 Like

Thanks. I’m using MacOS. I am starting to see the mixer strips now - and also now able to detach the Mixer Window.

A bit more fiddling around should hopefully get this up and working, then I’ll pay the subscription.

I can now repeatedly see the Mixer strips - so I’m almost there regarding getting familiarity with Ardour.
I can also pan left/right which is what I wanted to be able to do.

One thing I haven’t figured is how to actually see the Midi tracks (or indeed any tracks…) once I’ve imported external files.

In other DAWs I can see the tracks, move them around, edit them, trim them etc. I’ve not figured that in Ardour yet. Must be easy, surely!!???

That would be edit mode, referenced above:

Ardour manual

On Youtube find some Ardour tutorials by Unfa (e.g. Ardour MIDI masterclass)
Or, if you understand Polish, on my channel as well.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.