Share sesison files?

Hello, dear community!

I am starting my way into Ardour, and have set up some payments :wink:

I wonder: where would I download some complete ardour sessions, together with midi and audio content? If the licensing terms permit, of course. I imagine having my work published with sources under something like CC BY-SA, what could possibly go wrong?)

The motivation is simple: itā€™s handy to learn from already done projects, besides, I am definitely willing to share also!

This is highly inspired by open-source Blender movies, that, as you may know, publish gigabytes of source material (ironically, except for music score, AFAIR) for learners to study!

Thanks in advance, and may the muse be with you!

1 Like

Hi Paul,
I can send you some of my sessions, the older one because Iā€™m using mixbus 32c since 2018 (which is ardour + a big plugin for the analog mixer, but the sessions created in M32c are loosing some connections when moved to the original ardour).
Iā€™m new to this forum so I donā€™t know if there is a way to send pvt messages, but you can contact me via facebook (Piermarco Lunghi / Red Plastic / Buonamorte records).

I suggest you google/ddg something like ā€œfree download for mixing practiceā€, and youā€™ll get lots of hits. I have no experience with this, but I would imagine it would be better to get in the habit of how to import and export with users of a variety of DAWs.

1 Like

@spacediver Check out the work of Lorenzoā€™s music - they are sharing their project/session files for re-use.