Session crashes when loading after 7.10 update

Hello

I’ve a session (and 2 snapshots) I’ve been working without problems in ardour 7.0 under ubuntu studio. After updating to 7.1 this session keeps crashing when trying to load. It crashes with seg fault when login splash says setup editor.

The gbd (self compiled 7.1.124) last call is:
Thread 81 “RT-6-0x7fffa64e” received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
[Switching to Thread 0x7fffa64e3c80 (LWP 4945)]
ARDOUR::PeakMeter::run (this=0x5555647f10c0, bufs=…, nframes=2048) at …/libs/ardour/meter.cc:150
150 _peak_buffer[n] = compute_peak (bufs.get_audio (i).data (), nframes, _peak_buffer[n]);

Other sessions load correctly

I tried to re-install version 7.0 with no success so far. What I am missing?

Try starting ardour with the -d flag, to disable the plugins.
Maybe you’ve upgraded some plugin which crashes ardour.

If that doesn’t help you should try using the official Ardour binary from Download Ardour | Ardour Community , in case there’s something specific to your build.

If that doesn’t help post a bug report and include the session file, so the devs can have a look if there’s something strange about it.

Thanks for the response

The -d flag did not work. I’ll do a bug report, thanks again

0009106: Session-conversion from 6 to 7 crashes with segmentation fault - MantisBT – fixed since 7.1.154 (bug was introduced in 7.0.2)

It happens if the session in question has mismatching I/O. e.g a track has 1 audio input and then 1 audio and 1 MIDI output, without an obvious source of the MIDI data.

Hello Robin
I have the same crash as described by ahoms on Debian Bookworm (disabling plugins doesn’t make it better)
So, same root cause on Debian Bookworm :
It was ok with ardour 1:7.0.0+ds0-3 but it crash with ardour 1:7.1.0+ds0-1
Thanks for the explanation

Bye

We plan to release 7.2 soon to address this regression.

2 Likes

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss :crossed_fingers: :+1: :pray: :slightly_smiling_face:

Just confirmed that with 7.1.154 version the crash reported doesn’t happen

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.