Selecting/dragging multiple regions from editor list -OR- importing specificity

I want to add multiple (24) regions to existing tracks at a specific mark. To accomplish this currently I have one of two workaround options:

1. With the import dialog I can import the regions as new tracks at a certain mark, then move them up to the desired tracks and then delete the newly created ones.
  2. Import them to the region list then click and drag every individual region to the desired track.

A solution would either be a way to click/drag multiple regions from the region list or a way to import files to specific and discrete tracks/times. If either of these is possible or if there is another solution please let me know. The less time I have to spend clicking, dragging, and possibly lining-up individual regions is more time and concentration I can apply to actual mixing.

Why I need this:
I track bands using an old 24 track digital recorder in a small studio that produces mostly demos and EPs, nothing too involved. My standard procedure for mixdown is to move the files (each song is its own set of 24 tracks; kick, snare, hat, etc) over to my computer and import them to one master session; Song A at 0:00:00, Song B at 0:04:00, Song C at 0:08:00, etc. This allows me to view and work with the entire session at once and allows my mix to always be applied universally (this is mostly for rock bands so differences between songs can generally be accommodated for with editing/automation). There are of course other ways to run a session, but for my needs and situation I have found this to be the simplest and most efficient (even taking into account the issue listed above).

A solution would either be a way to click/drag multiple regions from the region list or a way to import files to specific and discrete tracks/times. If either of these is possible or if there is another solution please let me know.

No they are not possible, you have covered the two simplest ways, and the reason comes down to one simple question, how would Ardour know which track to put the regions on? When creating new tracks this isn’t an issue, but importing existing matieral to existing tracks it is.

Seablade

In theory you should be able to select N tracks and then “import to selected tracks”.

However, I am not at all convinced that the order in which the selected audio files are assigned to the selected tracks will reliably match what you expect. It might work, however.

Why not add to editor list via RMB the function “add to new / selected track(s) at start/playhead/specific time” (like in import dialog box), maybe in an extra dialog box o? Could be handy for some.