Select multiple plugins to toggle on/off

Maybe this is super obvious, but I’m trying to figure out how to quick select multiple plugins and toggle them on/off (to hear the difference they’re making in the mix), like Graham Cochrane often does on Recording Revolution.

e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I71sIWXyVTU#t=10m30s (10:30)

(Not necessarily “all plugins on one track”, but could be “all EQ plugins on all tracks” - I’d like to be able to control-click several plugins in the Mixer and toggle them on/off together with a keypress or click…)

It seems like I may be able to CTRL+click plugins… but then I’m not sure what key to press to toggle them on/off, and using the mouse seems to only affect one.

Is this possible in Ardour? Sorry if this is a basic question, I’ve tried searching but can’t figure it out how / if it’s possible… Thanks!

See here:

Basically, ctrl-shift clicking on one of the green led buttons will achieve what Cochrane was doing on that video (with caveat as per @x42’s post in the above thread) but I don’t think there’s a way to spread that functionality across more than one mixer strip at a time. FWIW, Reaper does things in a similar way but instead of all on or all off, it’s real toggle switch so that currently active plugins are switched off and vice versa. Maybe someone else can chip in with a good workflow for this specific need…

1 Like

Thanks so much for the quick reply! Much appreciated.

I agree it would be nice to be able to toggle across mixer strips, e.g. to toggle on/off EQ/Compression for all tracks at once to hear the difference. But thanks for clarifying what is currently possible.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.