scons install problem with svn 5216

greetings!

is anyone else seeing this problem with svn 5216?:

my compilation runs fine with “scons LV2=1”, but “scons install” fails with this:

mo_builder(["gtk2_ardour/cs_CZ.mo"], ["gtk2_ardour/cs_CZ.po"]) gtk2_ardour/cs_CZ.po:8042: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: The string ends in the middle of a directive. gtk2_ardour/cs_CZ.po:8047: 'msgstr' is not a valid C format string, unlike 'msgid'. Reason: The string ends in the middle of a directive. msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors

i’ve been building and installing ardour svn for a long time now, and this is the first i’ve seen of a problem like this.
i’m on a FC10/CCRMA system.

cheers!

.pltk.

Hi,

What version of scons? I tried 1.2 in Debian a while back and got all kinds of weird errors similar to yours. I rolled back to 1.0 on the same SVN build and it went perfectly.

scons v1.0.0.d20080826.r3315 – same version as i’ve been using for a while.

hmmm…

.pltk.

Something’s wrong with that file.
If you don’t need Ardour in czech you can just copy one of the other .po’s over the cs_CZ.po

That file was added somewhere between rev 5200 and 5210 so it’s brand new (and obviously broken).

thanks, peder… no i don’t need czech.
that works fine.

.pltk.

note that this is filed in mantis:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=2722

there’s also a note there about how to fix it.

cheers!

.pltk.

If you don’t need the non-english languages, doing a “rm -r *po *mo” in /gtkardour worked for me.