Saving Jack Connections (or at least not loosing them)

I’m using Ardour 6.5 on Linux (x86_64) release 5.9.16-1-MANJARO and with JACK. Sometimes when I’m reconnecting audio/midi connections in Ardour Jack is loosing all connections. It takes many minutes to manually re-wire those connections in Ardour or in Catia. Is there a way to not loose these connections or to reproduce them automatically?

Thanks a lot!

This should never happen. Ardour saves & restores all such connections itself.

1 Like

Ardour has always been excellent in retaining it’s last connections. Some other tools I use (Mixxx) do not.

qjackctl’s Patchbay is great for saving and restoring a specific set of midi/jack connections. I use aj-snapshot to save the connection setup I want in my basic setup. They are restored upon startup within the script I use to start the DAW.

1 Like

Okay, thanks for your information. Well, than it must be cadence or jack, loosing the connections sometimes when I work in Ardour. Next time it happens, I’ll try to file a bug report.

Every time this comes up it almost always tends to be a running connection management daemon that is thinking you don’t want those connections and removing them, or restoring incorrect connections. I would take a close look at your settings and what software you have running that manages Jack connections and make sure you don’t have something enabled you didn’t mean.

Seablade

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.