"Save Schema" function should save the session?

Good evening everyone,

I made a big mistake in my session. I would like to save a track to use in another project. So, what I done: removed all the other tracks, clicked on Session > Save Schema, and quit without saving.

For my terrible surprise, the program saved my session, overriding all my previous changes, loosing a lots of hours in this music.

So, 2 questions:

1. “Save Schema” function should save the session and why?
  2. Is there a way to recover my tracks without have to adjust all the .wav files?

It is unclear precisely what you mean by “Save Schema”. There is a menu item labelled (in English) as “Save”. If you choose not to do this, the program will not save.

Ardour never modifies the audio files - the edits you carry out involve “meta-data”. The underlying audio files are left unmodified.

You also haven’t mentioned the version of Ardour that you are using, or the platform.

Paul, thank you for reply!

I’m using Ardour version 5.12.0 under Manjaro 20.0.1.

In the Session menu, it has a option above “Archive…”, “Salvar
esquema” (translated to portuguese ‘save schema’).

“Save Template” in English.

Anyway, the issue is that removing a track in Ardour 5 explicitly saves the session.

I see. So that question is not about save template, but remove a track despite not clicking save. I appreciate your time. Enviado do meu smartphone Samsung Galaxy.
-------- Mensagem original --------De : Robin Gareus via Ardour Forum no-reply@ardour.org Data: 19/05/2020 12:39 (GMT-03:00) Para: iurispin@yahoo.com.br Assunto: [Ardour] “Save Schema” function should save the session?

Robin Gareus

x42

May 19

“Save Template” in English.

Anyway, the issue is that removing a track in Ardour 5 explicitly saves the session.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

Iurispin

iurispinassi

May 19

Paul, thank you for reply!

I’m using Ardour version 5.12.0 under Manjaro 20.0.1.

In the Session menu, it has a option above “Archive…”, “Salvar

esquema” (translated to portuguese ‘save schema’).

[llpenjnhendcknmh.png]

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.