Save dialogs for presets, templates, etc.

I’d like to see a little more functionality the save dialogs, for presets, templates and the like. Currently you type in a name, hit save and that’s that. I’d like the dialog to let me navigate to a chosen save location and even over-write older files if desired, delete them or whatever.

Ardour has an “issue tracker” that is the right place for comments like this. Please file it as a feature request.

The point about the location for things like templates is that we don’t want a complicated mess of code to try to find templates wherever you put them in. Ardour just sticks them in ~/.ardour2/templates, scans that directory when its starts, and its done. If we let you change the location, things get trickier very quickly.

That sound like a very good explanation, and sorry for not putting this in the right place.

Maybe the location could be set in one location, like the Options menu, that way Ardour would still have a single point of reference. That’s not as important to me, though, as the ability to see the existing templates/presets and delete or overwite them. It’s not critical, but it would be nice. One less reason to leave the Ardour interface for a shell or whatever.

Nice job, it’s a great post. The info is good to know!

debt reduction

http://www.ppartners.com.au