Samplerate mismatch & other errors

Hi,

I decided to learn Ardour and to stay with it.

When starting Ardour via the terminal I get some messages and I’m not sure if these are errors.

I’m running KXStudio 14.04 with Cadence / Jack. My interface is running with 48kHz (also shown in Jack).

When starting I see:

convolution: samplerate mismatch preset:48000 host:44100

However nothing is set to 44. kHz as far as I can see.

Further I get a GTK warning that a module path cannot be found:

(ardour-5.12.0:4372): Gtk-WARNING **: Im Modulpfad »industrial« konnte keine Themen-Engine gefunden werden,

I guess this can be ignored, right?

Thanks,
Marco

Where is the message regarding convolution coming from? Do you have a convolution reverb plugin loaded?
If so it appears that the plugin is being informed that the sample rate is 44100, check your Ardour session settings. Verify that jackd really started at 48k.

If your audio interface does not support a given sample rate, then both JACK and Ardour will use the closest rate to it. It is not considered a fatal error. You need to verify that your audio interface can actually run at the rate you request.

If this seems like an odd design … years ago, JACK did used to consider it an error, and we would get endless complaints that it should just use the closest rate. There’s no single “right” answer to this dilemma.

“Where is the message regarding convolution coming from? Do you have a convolution reverb plugin loaded?”

It’s shown in the terminal.

“Do you have a convolution reverb plugin loaded?”

No, it even happens with an empty project.

“check your Ardour session settings. Verify that jackd really started at 48k.”

Ardour is set to 48kHz, Jack is set to 48 kHz and the interface (Zoom R8) is set also to 48 kHz.

@Paul: Ok, but as all is set to 48 kHz I don’t understand this message. Here is the whole output:

fox@fox-MS-7817:~$ ardour
Fontconfig warning: “/home/fox/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf”, line 14: reading configurations from ~/.fonts.conf is deprecated. please move it to /home/fox/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf manually
bind txt domain [gtk2_ardour5] to /this/cannot/exist
Ardour5.12.0 (built using 5.12 and GCC version 4.4.7)
ardour: [INFO]: Your system is configured to limit Ardour to only 65536 open files
ardour: [INFO]: Loading system configuration file /opt/ardour/etc/system_config
ardour: [INFO]: Loading user configuration file /home/fox/.config/ardour5/config
ardour: [INFO]: CPU vendor: GenuineIntel
ardour: [INFO]: AVX-capable processor
ardour: [INFO]: CPU brand: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
ardour: [INFO]: Using SSE optimized routines
Cannot xinstall SIGPIPE error handler
ardour: [INFO]: Loading default ui configuration file /opt/ardour/etc/default_ui_config
ardour: [INFO]: Loading user ui configuration file /home/fox/.config/ardour5/ui_config

(ardour-5.12.0:5909): Gtk-WARNING **: Im Modulpfad »industrial« konnte keine Themen-Engine gefunden werden,

(ardour-5.12.0:5909): Gtk-WARNING **: Im Modulpfad »industrial« konnte keine Themen-Engine gefunden werden,

Color shuttle bg not found
ardour: [INFO]: Loading color file /opt/ardour/share/themes/dark-ardour.colors

ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/ardour/etc/clearlooks.rc
ardour: [INFO]: Loading ui configuration file /opt/ardour/etc/clearlooks.rc
Found nothing along /home/fox/.config/ardour5/templates:/opt/ardour/share/templates
run dialog
Scanning folders for bundled LV2s: /opt/ardour/lib/LV2
Set cursor set to default
Emulate VST Bypass Port for Helm
effSetBypass 0
actually writing state to /home/fox/Recording Projects/Ardour/Song2/Song2.tmp

That message regarding convolution is likely coming from a plugin found on your system while Ardour is scanning for available plugins.
None of those messages appear to be true problems. If the convolution messages are from a plugin as I have guessed, you may need to make configuration changes to get that plugin working correctly, but I would not worry about that now, wait until you decide if you even want to try to use that plugin then look for the documentation at that time.

@ccaudle: Thanks, you’re right, that seems to be the case. So, it has nothing to do with a misconfigured interface.