Rubberband Stereo Pitch Shifter can't transpose -3

Hi there

I am using Ardour 5.11.0 on Ubuntu 17.10, and I am trying to use the Rubberband Stereo Pitch Shifter (version 1.8.1).

I need to transpose down 3 semitones using this tool, but it refuses to let me. It will not tranpose -3, but -2 and -4 are no problem. There are also other transposing numbers that it refuses to do, such as -9 and a few others.

Can someone help me? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

I assume it’s a number-box in a generic plugin window… If so, that’s a bug in Ardour 5.11’s GUI widget. You can work around this by showing the automation-lane of the parameter and use the slider or numeric-entry.

Alternatively you could just use Ardour’s build-in pitch-shifting tool (Region > Edit > Pitch Shift) which also uses rubberband under the hood and apply the change instead of doing it live.

1 Like

Ok, what I did was I right-clicked on the plugin in the mixer channel, and then clicked Controls > Show all controls. I could do it from there.

Do you know if there is a bug report? If not, I’m not sure how to add one…

It’s already fixed in git, but not in a release yet. And yes, inline controls in the mixer are also a good workaround, I didn’t think of that. NIce!

You can work around this by showing the automation-lane of the parameter and use the slider or numeric-entry.

Thanks for this - I was having the same issue.