Rhythm Ferret

Hi, I’m new to Ardour, and relatively new to DAWs in general. I’m wondering if somebody can explain how to use Rhythm Ferret.

I made a recording of a band, and the drummer’s timing is a little wobbly. The recording was made with a click, so the timing is on average correct, but some of the hits are not quite “in the pocket”.

Can I use Rhythm Ferret to fix this? I was able to get Rhythm Ferret to split my kick drum track at each onset, but I’m not sure what to do now. What do the “Set Tempo Map” and “Conform Region” buttons do? Is there a quick way to do something similar to the “Quantize” function found in a most MIDI sequencers?

Thanks.

P.S. I’m using Ardour 2.4.1 on OS X 10.4.11

“Conform” doesn’t work yet. I can’t tell you when it will. Until then, RF is only useful for “automated” splitting of the region(s).

Hope this clarifies the situation. 2.5 has some minor improvements in RF, including new “note onset” detection (adding to the existing “percussion onset” detection) and better handling of the lines showing where the detected points are.