Reproducable crash moving regions and not able to sign up to bug tracker

Hi!

I use Ardour 6.2 from Debian unstable on Ubuntu 20.04.1. It crashes reliably when moving a few regions via ‘+’ and ‘-’ with the error: “CRITICAL: GUI POOL OUT OF MEMORY - RECOMPILE WITH LARGER SIZE!!”

Steps to reproduce:

1. New project.
  2. Create a few (around eight) midi tracks.
  3. Type ‘d’, create some regions and fill in some notes in each region.
  4. Type ‘g’, select all regions.
  5. Try to move them with ‘+’ or ‘-’. After a few times the error appears and Ardour crashes.

I tried to report a bug but the Bug Tracker does not allow me to create an account:

APPLICATION ERROR #2800

Invalid form security token. This could be caused by a session timeout, or accidentally submitting the form twice.

Please use the “Back” button in your web browser to return to the previous page. There you can correct whatever problems were identified in this error or select another action. You can also click an option from the menu bar to go directly to a new section.

I am using the latest Firefox on Ubuntu.

Thanks,
g

This is a 12 year old bug in Mantis, the bug tracker we use. As the message says, it is caused by taking “too long” to fill out the form or doing it twice. Nobody that uses Mantis (hundreds of projects) has been able to fix it. It is possible to create an account, so please try again.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.