Repeat group of clips

Hi everybody, I was wondering if there is the possibility to repeat a group two-three clips in the same column (i.e. track) in a way similar to the “follow actions”. What I managed to do is, I put in the A row a drum clip, shortened the follow length to 12 bars instead of 16 and set up the follow action to jump to B or C alternatively, where B and C are two different drum fills which last for the remaining 4 bars. Then B or C can be set up to jump to A again and so the loop A-B or A-C keeps repeating.

What I would like to do is tell Ardour “repeat the loop 3-4 times then jump to clip D” in order to save rows, is there a way to do it? Thanks in advance

Set the follow count to 3 (or 4) and the follow action to “jump to D”

Thanks Paul, but doing so it will repeat cue A 3-4 times and then jump to other clips… What I am trying to do is to repeat cues A-B-C in sequence a number of times and then jump to D

Ah, no, sorry, there’s no way to do that. Talk to Ableton, we just copied found ourselves deeply inspired by them! :slight_smile: If they can do it, we’ll find a way to do it too.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.