Removed automation, but parameter is still automated

Hello,
I added automation to the Frequency parameter of the LSP Filter Stereo plugin, and afterwards deleted the automation from the MIDI track. But the parameter is still automated and I only get rid of it when I remove the plugin and reinsert it again. Is there a way to remove automation tracks without removing a plugin?

Edit: just realised that this also affects other automation, like Mute, Fader

Ardour 8.2.0 from ardour.org

Have you only removed the automation points or automation line, but not changed the automation mode?

You can change the automation mode to “Manual” (no need to remove actual automation line), or right-click on the Automation header and in the context menu choose “Clear”. This also resets automation mode to manual.

Have you only removed the automation points or automation line, but not changed the automation mode?

I removed the automation by clicking on the X left of the slider.

You can change the automation mode to “Manual” (no need to remove actual automation line), or right-click on the Automation header and in the context menu choose “Clear”. This also resets automation mode to manual.

Oh, ok. I thought when I remove the automation, it will behave like manual mode. Clear did it, thanks!

That only closes [hides] the automation lane. You can later show it again.

2 Likes

Ok, if I would have waited for the tool tip, he would have told me this :slight_smile: