Recording with Ardour on windows 10

yes, I´ve tried it but the search doesn´t found the files.

If you look at my findings in the posts above your files should be hidden under the seemingly empty “recorder” file in your audiofiles folder.
That’s under the presumption that the "missing " tracks play OK in your windows session.
If you have deleted the “recorder” file that won’t be the case.

The only proper way to get them out seems to be to use some variants of the cmd alternatives I’m suggesting in the posts above.
Another way would be to turn off all effects, export the individual tracks separately and then import them into your linux session.

Do note that you apparently have to use NotePad++ to be able to save the files correctly.
Windows own NotePad version didn’t work for me.

Thank you very much Peder, finally here is the solution!. In effect, when I opened with notepad++ from cmd prompt the file recorder:gtr (as the name of ardour region source is retrieved) and I saved it with another name (without “recorder:”), the file is finally useable in another session out of my PC. Thank you, Thanks Paul and John for your time and attention. Very kind of you. Thanks!!!
Note: Is this a bug in windows version of Ardour or that is a issue only on my PC?

Glad I could help.

It’s a bug in Ardour in general, in v6.6, but it’s only a problem when you move a session from or to Windows.

Ardour in Windows appears to be able to use a recorder:filename.wav file and in Linux, and probably Mac, “:” in a filename works fine.
You can use Windows file manager and copy the “empty” recorder file from one directory to another and still be able to access its underlying content but I haven’t found a way to transfer it to another computer and still be able to do that.

I’d imagine that there’s problem moving a Linux session with recorder: files to a Windows PC as well.

1 Like

Paul mentioned earlier that it’s fixed for the next release. I’m not sure what the fix is but it’s unlikely it’ll help much for ‘already affected’ sessions. But at least you shouldn’t see this problem any more in future sessions.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.