Recording from Focusrite Scarlett 2i4

Hello,

i want to record into ardour using the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 Interface on Ubuntu 14.04 (Ardour 4.6) and qjackctl, but so far i have had less success in connecting the focusrite with ardour via jack. As you would find in google, seems that Focusrite is compatible with ubuntu out of box, thus needs no drivers to get installed. In Qjackctl setup i have changed the interface option to Scarlett 2i4 so it seems the system has recognized it, but i cant get any sound from the microfones. Does it really work out of box or i am missing something?

Good day

start JACK running, then run this command in a terminal window: cd /tmp && wget http://jackaudio.org/downloads/adevices.sh && bash ./adevices.sh

Then paste the output. The command will not modify your system, but will show us all your audio interface hardware and what software is using which interfaces.

Dear Paul, i was unable to send the output of the command, i got the messege that i have triggered the spam and have bin filtered by mollom. Is there a way i can send the outputs?

Just email it to me paul@linuxaudiosystems.com