Rated Blue - Francis Underwood Blues

Track preview from an upcoming ‘Rated Blue’ band EP hopefully released by the end of the summer…

An original tune written for pretty much any crooked politician that comes to mind but perhaps currently best embodied by the fictional president Frank Underwood from the Netflix series ‘House of Cards’…

Recorded using a custom build of Ardour 4 with WinVST support with heaping portions of linuxDSP and Calf Plugins…

https://soundcloud.com/glen-macarthur/rated-blue-francis-underwood-blues

Pete Cox on bass, my son Connor on drums and me doing the rest…

Well done, G, I’m looking forward to the completed EP.

Best,

dp

Love the raw sound.

Hi guys

@DavePhillips

Thanks! To paraphrase slide guitarist and songwriter Ben Harper “finishing an album is pure misery”, Although I’m light years away from the level of work he’s done I kinda get what he’s talking about… with limited time and merely getting everyone into the same room being almost impossible it is amazing how long 7 or 8 songs can take to finish…

@CraigPid

Thanks, I’m very happy with how things are sounding (with the exception of my voice but no fancy microphone or plugin can fix that problem…lol). I’ve learned a lot working on this especially about drum sounds… One reason I use Ardour with WindowsVST support is to enable use of the ‘Loudmax’ VST on the master bus, to my ears it is a really transparent limiter and is very light on CPU…

I think your voice sounds great. I think most people have a hard time judging their own voice. Would probably be ideal to have someone else mix one’s vocals.