- I loaded an mda test generator plugin into a mono track post-fader
- set it to 1kHz
- set both track and master bus fader levels to 0.0dB
- track trims are also set to 0.0dB
- all meters are set to Peak (+6dBFS)
- I then set the level in the test generator plugin to reflect a -15db level in the track meter
- the signal level reflected in the track is -15dB
- and the level in the master bus is -18dB
- is there a setting somewhere or am I overlooking something here?
There is a panner. Mono to stereo distributes the signal, equal power to each channel. -3dB by default.
If you pan the signal hard-left, you should see -15dBFS on the master bus’ left channel, and -inf dBFS on the right.
thanks Robin!! - operator error again - makes sense since the panning is not equal power - doh!