QmidiNet

Hey guys,

I am Wondering if anyone knows how to setup qmidinet properly in ubuntu 14.04lts as I have downloaded the TouchDAW app for my android device and i would like to control the faders in ardour with this, and also how to setup the ports and such?, I have searched everywhere on google to find out how to do this, and there are no detailed descriptions on how to do this at all…

Any help would be aprreciated…

I do know that some people have gotten this to work but with little description on how they did it.

Hey Leatus, thanks for the reply
I had a look at the the thread and what yves wrote, but in jack qmidi comes up in the alsa tab and i have tried with a2jmidi to bring it up in the midi tab which it does but after that trying the connect the touchDaw to control ardour just does not work, have tried touchosc, which does work, the controls are able to play but faders do not work, and i have looked at the ardour manual and tried to configure to exactly what the manual describes but to no effect, it would be cool if i can get either apps to work with ardour…

I have also open the ports in my wifi router so that i can use them, and i know the ports work, but just hoping that anyone that has tried using touchDAW or touchosc could have a recent detailed description of how to get this going.

Otherwise i am thinking of buying a touchscreen kit for my monitors to be able to use the mixer window by touch… I do realize that ardour is not coded to be multi touch yet but that would be awsome when it does as it would make things alot easier when doing automation and such, just using the mouse, just seems to slow workflow down a little but not alot…

Hopefully someone out there could help…

A post was split to a new topic: TouchDAW and Ardour