problems when installing 2.7 on rhel 5.2

I have installed all required libraries until scons seems to be happier than at the beginning. I’m installing not as root and on my own ‘local’ directory. My pkgconfig directory is under that same local directory and my PKG_CONFIG_PATH points to a directory under that same ‘local’. LD_LIBRARY_PATH also point to my own local/lib.

scons fails to check for lrdf, but the output of pkg-config is successful when executed from the command prompt (as shown below as well).

Anybody else having a similar problem?

thanks,
Rodrigo

username@hostname > scons PREFIX=/export/users/username/local
scons: Reading SConscript files …
Checking for pkg-config version >= 0.8.0… yes
Checking for gthread-2.0… yes
Checking for lrdf… yes
Checking for libgnomecanvas-2.0… yes
Checking for gtk±2.0… yes
Checking for jack… yes
Checking for samplerate… yes
Checking for glib-2.0… yes
Checking for libxml-2.0… yes
Checking for raptor… yes
Package lrdf was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `lrdf.pc’
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package ‘lrdf’ found
OSError: ‘pkg-config --cflags --libs lrdf’ exited 1:
File “/export/data_1/users/username/downloads/ardour-2.7/SConstruct”, line 511:
libraries[‘lrdf’].ParseConfig(‘pkg-config --cflags --libs lrdf’)
File “/export/data_1/users/username/local/lib/scons-1.1.0/SCons/Environment.py”, line 1405:
return function(self, self.backtick(command))
File “/export/data_1/users/username/local/lib/scons-1.1.0/SCons/Environment.py”, line 545:
raise OSError("’%s’ exited %d" % (command, status))

username@hostname > pkg-config --cflags --libs lrdf
-I/export/users/username/local/include -L/export/users/username/local/lib -llrdf

username@hostname > echo $?

what is the output of: pkg-config --modversion lrdf

and while we’re on the hard questions, why do people use forums? why do they do things on forums that could be 10x faster on IRC and 3x faster via email?
answers are optional :slight_smile:

username@hostname > pkg-config --modversion lrdf

IRC? what’s an IRC? Faster? Faster in which way? I’m just trying to do music :slight_smile:

thanks,
Rodrigo

IRC (why not try googling for it?) is Internet Relay Chat where you can write to people directly online as opposed to the slow back and forth of emailing or using a forum.

That said, lrdf 0.4.0 should work fine.
It seems like the scons subprocess doesn’t inherit your PKG_CONFIG_PATH (unless you have raptor in your local dir as well; in that case it’s a real mystery). Which scons version do yoy have (scons -v)? 0.98.5 works fine here.