I recently installed the 32-bit version of Ardour 6.9.0 (using the file
Ardour-6.9.0-i386.dmg) onto my Mac running OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), and I’m getting this GUI issue (-GUI disappears when you click on things inside the plugin, then reappears if you move it around, -after closing the plugin, a white box appears where it was upon contining work in the session, etc.).
It appears that this problem only affects plugins that have their own (custom) GUIs, -and not the ones with generic GUIs.
Here’s a screen recording I made to demonstrate the problem (1:16):
- Has anyone seen this before?
- What things/settings/diagnostics/etc. should I check to narrow-down where the problem is?
- Are there any known fixes for this kind of bug(?)?
Thanks for any help(!),
Actually, not all plugins with their own GUIs are affected. It seems to be approx. 50/50, -again, amongst plugins that provide their own GUIs.
It seems to more commonly affect my most frequently-used plugins, which is weird.
Things I’ve checked/tried:
- Created new user account; setup/run Ardour 6.9 (32-bit) from there; problem remains.
- Ran Ardour 6.9 (64-bit); no GUI problems whatsoever.
I will try to reinstall some of the plugins that are experiencing the issue(s) (-like Voxengo’s GlissEQ as in the video), remove duplicates, and see if I can improve anything…
No luck so far…
-But here’s another clip; a part of the problem is that the window that Ardour provides for a plugin seems to rest in front of the plugin’s GUI, which seems to be working just fine in the background: