Playback Issue

Hey There,

I’m a brand new Ardour user on OSX 10.5.6. I got everything installed and seemingly working with JACK correctly. I imported a WAV file just to mess around, but I can’t seem to get any sound out of Ardour.

I can see the levels going up and down, so Ardour is definitely trying to send out a signal, but its not getting through my speakers.

I’ve gone into the AUDIO MIDI SETUP a million different ways, created an Aggregate Device using the built in input and outputs, but its not getting me anywhere.

I did notice that whenever I reopen to AUDIO MIDI SETUP window it seems to have forgotten my Aggregate Device settings entirely. So maybe that’s the issue? I’m definitely logged in as an administrator so I’m not sure how to get past that problem.

Note that I’m not trying to use any external hard ware. SImply want to get playback happening before I try plugging anything in!

I think what I need are just simple step by step instructions on how to set up the audio input/output in OSX. The ones that are on the Ardour site are a little bit vague.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Barky - saw you on IRC (briefly). Basically, you need to hang out there till someone is around. Showing up for 5-10 minutes is not going to guarantee that any of the people who might be able and willing to help you will be actually in front of their machines. I’d be happy to try to help - catch me daytime US Eastern, though once again, I am not always in front of my machine.

Hey Paul,

Sorry for my delay in responding to your response. I solved the problem and forgot to check back to see if anyone had actually responded to my post. Next time I’ll hang around on the IRC longer if I have a problem.

Thanks for replying, though!

Barky