Picking an audio interface for a new track

I realize that the answer to this might just be “use jack”, but is there a way to pick which audio interface each track records from? I’m having trouble finding a menu from which to set this. In Ardour2, before the app fully loaded, there was a place for “audio setup” in which I could choose the device. In Ardour3, there is no equivalent menu and I am a little lost.

Thanks,

jshou

If JACK is already running when you start Ardour, you will not see any audio setup dialgoue. The dialogue normally only appears if you have not already started JACK. Ardour will then start an instance of JACK with the options you select.

is there a way to pick which audio interface each track records from?

This implies you are trying to use multiple interfaces for multi-track recording? Generally this is not recommended. You will have much less trouble if you use a single multi-channel audio interface, for example, those by m-audio (1010 etc) and / or RME

Ah, I see. I have successfully chosen my audio interface now. I am trying to multitrack on a single multi-channel interface, but I don’t know how to assign channels to each track. Is there a menu for doing that?

Thanks,

jshou

Nevermind, I just found the tracks and busses window and have figured it out. Thanks for the help!