Perpetual Love (Parsec -- 2023 Remix and New Guitars)

Here is the remix of the second (and last) song from our 1996 demo: Perpetual Love. (The first was When You Go Away, also posted here.)

This one was written (music and lyrics) by the bass player (Piera Bergamo) and is a lot more representative of our style. As usual for this band, the bass and drums are really outstanding!

I have a short blog entry, but there is not much in it. Remixed in Ardour 8, with the LSP, x42, u-he, OvertoneDSP, and IK Multimedia plugins mostly.

It was very hard to mix, and I am not too happy with the results, but I don’t seem to be able to do better… :frowning: (The original mix can be found here.)

EDIT (11/08/2023): I’ve rerecorded the guitars. See my post below for the link and more info.

1 Like

Sometimes when feelings overflow, they forget all about pre-existing boundaries. Nice harmonics, nice mix. This takes me back (bigger hair periods! guitar mixes…). Smaller textures could balance out the new mix more-- it’s quite largo, as is.

As usual for this band, the bass and drums are really outstanding!

Don’t forget to mention the solo. I like it!

It was very hard to mix, and I am not too happy with the results, but I don’t seem to be able to do better… :frowning:

Any chance that you could share your Ardour workspace (or at least the raw wave tracks)?
I’d really like to give it a try to mix it…

@slash: I would be glad to! Contact me directly at [redacted] for us to discuss it.

I’ve rerecorded the guitar parts! The parts are mostly the same, but the solo is new and the rhythm guitars have been double tracked. I like the sound of the guitars better now.

The rest of the mix (and all other parts) are basically the same. Here it is: Perpetual Love (New Guitars)

For more details, mostly for guitarists, see my blog post.

2 Likes

I totally enjoyed that new version, this is a very good Uriah Rush piece and while the previous solo was quite MABbed it is now still frantic but more vivid and warm hea[r]ted. Congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, much better. It has more width (mostly because of the doubling, I guess) and a better frequency balance now.

Compared to my remix I sent you, you still could add more highs to the drum cymbals to give it a better clarity… :slight_smile:

1 Like