Paul Davis Interview with LibreArts (Was LibreGraphicsWorld)

Audio:

Text: Libre Arts - Podcast ep. 002 - Paul Davis on the deep rewrite of Ardour

This is Part 1 of a two part interview (aka “Paul rambles on and occasionally lets Alex ask a question”).

Update: Part two is now online:

The transcript can be found at Libre Arts - Podcast ep. 003 - Paul Davis on fixing big Linux audio issues – Kudos to @prokoudine

17 Likes

@paul you said ardour needs more educational content, like videos and also more people showing advanced functionalities. What are those advanced functionalities you’re thinking about?

2 Likes

Indeed, it could be nice to know ! Maybe having a to-do list could help a videomaking community to grow around ardour.

4 Likes

There is one in one of the threads around here I can dig up where I asked what people would like videos on.

If it grows enough I may make it it’s own topic so people can suggest.

Seablade
1 Like

To those wondering, part 2 is now available as well:

http://libregraphicsworld.org/blog/entry/podcast-ep-003-paul-davis-on-fixing-big-linux-audio-issues

4 Likes

Thanks for conducting the interview and typing it out!
I took the liberty of updating the post and directly linking the 2nd part at the top of this thread.

2 Likes

Right here: Suggestion: Video Tutorials for Ardour

wonderful podcast, Thank you !!

1 Like

[Alexandre Prokoudine](https://discourse.ardour.org/u/prokoud
Alexandre, separate thanks to you for the text (for none-english-native people it’s a great help to understand :slight_smile: )!

1 Like

What about UNFA? He has done some Ardour How To videos…

Yes he has, and if you search around here you may find some information on them as well. I will leave it to him to discuss his plans on that.

Seablade

Please see The Ardour Youtube Channel is here

1 Like

@paul, it is always a pleasure to listen to you. Honestly, I think you are really good at explaining complicated things in a way that one can understand them. Thanks a lot! And big thanks to @prokoudine.

That being said, your section about plugins (LV2) seems to have left out the elephant in the room: VST3. Would you mind telling what you think about it, technically as well as concerning licensing and other aspects?

4 Likes