Hi, I paid a one-time amount for the Software via Paypal, but my status says
" Most recent download payment: no payments on record
We have no record of any subscriptions for you.
And the software keeps popping up the “Not subscribed/paid” window.
How can I fix this?
There are typically three causes of this:
- You never actually installed the full version that you downloaded.
- You installed the full version but did not uninstall the free/demo version, and are actually using the latter
- You downloaded the full version, but your browser renamed the download (e.g. by adding a “.1” on the end of the filename). You then reinstalled the free/demo version, thinking you were installing the full version.
Thanks for your quick reply. I am not sure how to get the full version, as I did not get a download link. I paid via the “Donate” function on your website, but when I get to the download page https://community.ardour.org/download_form (The one with the Payment Choices), there is a status notification which says “No payments on record”. How can I obtain the “full version” then?
Thank you for the hint, however, there is no " Invoice ID" near the end of the PayPal confirmation email, only a Transaction ID, which does not work. I guess I need a PhD for this download…
No. The FAQ entries tries to explain this to you. To paste the text from there:
The donation system is entirely separate from the download system, and exists for a couple of reasons:
- our Linux users generally get Ardour without payment via their distributions’ repositories.
- some people just feel like being generous
Either way, it allows people to make a simple one-time payment. It is not part of the download system, and any payment you make via the donation system does not apply to the download system. Remember that you choose to pay as little as US$1 for a download.
If you donated when you intended to pay for a download, forward the email you received from PayPal to email@example.com, and we’ll refund your payment so that you can use it at http://ardour.org/download as intended.
This is the notice we put on the donate page, btw:
I suppose we need to make this even more of a “must read” somehow.
sorry for the trouble, yes, my Linux Distro does have Ardour included but the version is quite old. I guess I just buy for a small sum, no need for reimbursement hassle… Just beginning to use DAW anyways…
Thanks for your time
This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.