Other desert cities plugin crash Ardour [SOLVED]

Is there any information why the Audio damage Other desert cities plugin crashes Ardour and Mixbus 32C. The VST3 version is more violent, but you can knock them down with both. (Avlinux MXE latest version)

It seems to be difficult to get in touch with the Audio damage people

Looks like they are using an old version of JUCE. - A quick check reveals that opening the plugin GUI causes an endless recursion [1]. This was fixed a while back in JUCE:

[1]

#83 juce::JuceVST3EditController::JuceVST3Editor::ContentWrapperComponent::resized() () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#84 juce::Component::sendMovedResizedMessages(bool, bool) () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#85 juce::ComponentPeer::handleMovedOrResized() () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#86 juce::LinuxComponentPeer<unsigned long>::setBounds(juce::Rectangle<int> const&, bool) () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#87 juce::ComponentPeer::updateBounds() () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#88 juce::Component::setBounds(int, int, int, int) () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#89 juce::JuceVST3EditController::JuceVST3Editor::ContentWrapperComponent::resized() () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#90 juce::Component::sendMovedResizedMessages(bool, bool) () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#91 juce::ComponentPeer::handleMovedOrResized() () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#92 juce::LinuxComponentPeer<unsigned long>::setBounds(juce::Rectangle<int> const&, bool) () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#93 juce::ComponentPeer::updateBounds() () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#94 juce::Component::setBounds(int, int, int, int) () at Other Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
#95 juce::JuceVST3EditController::JuceVST3Editor::ContentWrapperComponent::resized() () at ther Desert Cities.vst3/Contents/x86_64-linux/Other Desert Cities.so
1 Like

Thanks, I’ll try to get the information to them by email.

wow, that happened fast. They responded immediately and the update is coming on Monday.

“We have an update coming Monday with the latest JUCE that should solve this. If it doesn’t, let me know.”

3 Likes

The new version AD054_Other_Desert_Cities_1010 Seems to work ok!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting back!

The people at Audio Damage wouldn’t have known how to solve the problem if there wasn’t information about JUCE.'s problem that @x42 Robin mentioned here. Is there any instance where plugin developers can discuss these Linux issues and get information. Other than this forum? However, I’m just a user myself

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.