OpenSuse 11 Ardour 2.7 from packman fails

Hi people,
Tried installing the latest Ardour 2.7 OpenSuse 11 from packman, on startup it fails with:

librdf fatal - rdf_query_rasqal.c:1207:librdf_query_rasqal_constructor: fatal error: failed to initialize rasqal
Aborted

On opensuse librdf is labelled liblrdf, and that is the latest version…so I’m not sure what’s going on there…I am currently reverting back to 2.6.1 from source - will see how I go.

Hopefully someone else can confirm it is a problem with Opensuse/packman and not me.

Cheers,
Andy

Don’t worry, I searched rpm.pbone.net and found a newer version (2.7-1.3), and it installs fine. Couldn’t get 2.6 to build from source anyway…said I didn’t have boost headers even though I did…or that I had a bad version of scons…anyway this will do!

Hi! I’m running Opensuse 11.1 and Ardour 2.7.1 from Packman repositories and I’m getting the same error message:

librdf fatal - rdf_query_rasqal.c:1207:librdf_query_rasqal_constructor: fatal error: failed to initialize rasqal

I have installed liblrdf2 and rasqal with their corresponding dependencies…

Any clues??

Because i’ve had yesterday the same error like you, i’ve worked for a solution and i
found one :wink: .

For germans it is explained here (entry on my homepage):
http://www.elchs-kramkiste.de/lapurd/node/94

For others a short discription (my english is not so good):

My OpenSuse 11.0 system has installed two librasqal-packages,
librasqal0 and librasqal1. Deleting the librasqal0 wasn’t the solution
because other programs depends on it. Deleting the librasqal1-package
was my solution and ardour 2.7. is now running on my system.

Hope that helps…

Greets