OpenSuse 11.0 Ardour2 crashes while booting...error when in shell

What I have: new install of opensuse 11.0 with all patches;900mhz Athlon i386; 500 mb ran; 100+ gb of hard drive. Asus MB.

Situation: jack starts and runs fine. Rosegarden 4 runs fine. member of Audio group.

I first started Ardour2 from the gui. Bounced around a long time, then went dead. Next, I started it from a terminal (no su), and got the following error message, and program closed:

Ardour/GTK 2.5
(built using 3525 and GCC version 4.3.1 20080507 (prerelease) [gcc-4_3-branch revision 135036])
Copyright © 1999-2008 Paul Davis
Some portions Copyright © Steve Harris, Ari Johnson, Brett Viren, Joel Baker

Ardour comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see the source for copying conditions.
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
/usr/share/themes/Gilouche/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:56: error: unexpected identifier style ', expected character}’
loading default ui configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour2_ui_default.conf
Loading ui configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour2_ui_dark.rc
theme_init() called from internal clearlooks engine
ardour: [INFO]: Ardour will be limited to 8192 open files
loading system configuration file /etc/ardour2/ardour_system.rc
Illegal instruction
joe@linux-audio:~>

What could I be doing wrong?
Thanks for any help…I tried to search the web, then the forums, but found nothing.
Joey45

http://ardour.org/debugging_ardour

a backtrace + bug report would be much appreciated.

Hi Paul;
I’m new to your system…If you could indulge me just a bit:

1. You think this is a real bug, eh? Having been a Delphi programmer in the past, I just wanted to be sure that I hadn’t missed something obvious, and didn’t want to file a ‘needless’ bug report. I know you’re busy fellas.

2. How would you like the backtrace to be done? Do I go to the system log copy and paste into a reply? Something else?

3. Where on your site do I find the page upon which to file the bug report…

Thanks
Joey45

I’d start by renaming/removing your .ardour2 directory, in case you’ve made some weird changes, and try starting a new session.

You also might want to check your gtk theme (Gilouche) since these seems to be something wrong there.

Other that that, please read the link Paul provided. It should have all the answers. And as for posting, I’d suggest you do it on the issue tracker on the tab here above, but I guess you can do it here or on the mailing list as well.