Ongoing Issue With MIDI

Hi guys.

I’ve been having a big issue with midi since purchasing Ardour back in March, unfortunately the issue has continued into the latest 9.8 release.

It’s nothing to do with my midi keyboard as it generates signal and sound when i load up an instrument native to ardour. But if i were to load perhaps, Falcon or any other third party synths, I get no signal through the GUI of the synth and only see signal in Ardour if I arm record on the channel, but still, no sound.

Oddly, sound is produced if I play the keys on the virtual keyboard within the synth interface but not on my M-Audio Keystation USB keyboard.

I have exhausted all the options that could possibly resolve this, trying effortlessly since march, but still, no luck. It’s not like i’m new to music production either, ive been using Ableton and Nuendo for the past 15 years.

Is it possibly an issue of corrupt software?

I’d love to get it sorted because i really like the DAW and this is the one thing that puts me off from opening it.

Please help if you can.

I use an M1 Silicon system if that helps.