Offline or PDF version of manaul

Does something like this already exist? If so, please let me know where to locate it. Also, if not, I work for a publishing company and have the ability to get the job done, if anyone is interested. Let me know.

the manual is mostly a steaming pile of noise. publishing it on paper is completely pointless at this time.

given our recent switch to docbook, it is now much easier to generate PDF’s and other formats, which we will do in due course.

the entire manual is part of the source code repository, accessible in various ways that are described at http://ardour.org/download_full

How would I get involved to help with the documentation? I’m fairly new to Ardour, but have been a long time supporter/user of Linux and OSS. I’ve been involved with mainly analog recording but have been forced to look into the digital end of it, due to some new projects. I would love to contribute, if nothing else, my time. -Lonnie

I have a ticket in the bug tracking system at the top of my queue to write some documentation on how to contribute to the manual. It is intended to be fairly consise but I just haven’t gotten around to it yet, sorry. If there is anything you want to add to it including questions about contributing the ticket is here:

http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1463

As Paul mentioned the manual is in need of some…improvement, I will be creating tickets in the bug tracker as I find what I consider to be problems and slowly assigning them to myself to fix but any help or even suggestions would be appreciated.

As you are fairly new to ardour it would be especially valuable to have your input on any parts of the manual that you find confusing, incomplete or inaccurate reflected as tickets(reported issues) in the bug tracker in the documentation catagory.

Count me in, too - a system can live or die by its documentation! Thanks, Tim, for your work in converting it all to DocBook, which I’m sure will make things nicer for contributors and users alike.

I have liked the way you are thinking to do. 642-504 It would be a great job to be done. So please do the good work. Actually the guidebook is typically a sweltering quantity of noise. 646-223 So according to my point of views, to publish it on paper is totally meaningless at this time. It’s also good to know that it is currently a lot easier to produce PDF’s and other layouts, which we will perform in outstanding course. 000-973 I appreciate your nice thinking and wish u best of luck.