Nylon strings guitar

Hey, cool Ardour fellows.
Just musing around with a guitar which arrived here quite recently.
I know we ain’t some kind of utubish garbage here, but, I dare to share that stuff here because Ardour allows me to make it.
This DAW is so simple and efficient, one can let anything happens and the software stays here, straight on the feet!!!
I am, somehow, sorry to share this here, but, I hope, some more accomplished tunes will come here.
Olivier

8 Likes

Nice touch. Dreamy… :pray:, thanks.

1 Like

@olivmusic Lovely!

Have you delved into Ardour’s various plugins? There are a lot of fine mixing tools you can use on a natural sounding nylon string guitar that will further enhance its sound (gentle compression, EQ to reduce boom’iness, clarifying string/finger noise to your advantage).

If you haven’t explored those tools yet, you’re in for a treat. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you so much for taking time to type a comment.
Well, I will look forward with Ardour plug-ins.
But, maybe, you already know that, « plug-ins » are a kind of a pit, when you dive too deep into them, falling in the belief that you can make sound «good » something which is… well… let’s say « weak ».

1 Like

Ah, hardly a concern if you’re starting with a good tracks … which you are. All the finest sounding albums/CDs you’ve heard have been prepared for the storage and audio media on which you ultimately listen.

To think that only an original recording without any further “touching” is the best way to convey even the most natural musical instruments suggest that all those epic orchestral recordings you’ve enjoyed just accidentally landed onto the album that way.

They were the result of finely expert mixing and mastering to convey the full emotional weight of the performance.

You deserve the same for your “musing around” :wink:

1 Like

Nice music and skilled guitar play! Is it natural room ambience or did you use a reverb… if so which one?

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks a lot for going on.
I know you are talking wise, and I admit your sayings give me the will to carry on and groove deeper in my « own music ».
I, actually, did some kind of editing on this, I don’t dare to call it a « piece of music », because, honestly, it was « trying a new guitar with a smile on my face ».
But,I totally agree with you when it comes to say that « good music needs good production! »
Olivier

1 Like

Thank you so much for your comment.
I put a cheap hardware reverb that doesn’t exist anymore.
Quite a long decay and a long predelay, but,I filtered quite a lot the send,
( on that point, the need is to insert a track with the send pre-fader and post eq), and there is also a plug-in called Aether, with a very short tail and very low in terms of level( -35db).
Hope it answers your question.
Olivier

1 Like

very cool. thanks for share.

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks a lot for posting such a cool comment.
Olivier