No sound when opening project

When i open a project that i have made with a midi region there is no sound. If i open same vst as another instance that vst only has sound.

A common issue there is that CC-7 (volume automation) is set to zero.

When loading a project ardour re-plays the MIDI CC-events, but when you later replace the synth, the value is not restored.

In the GUI you can check using the "A"automation button > Controllers > Controller 7: Channel Volume.

Or on the command-line, you could grep the session-file and check if there’s a midicc-<Channel>-7:

$ grep midicc- /path/to/the/session/session.ardour
<Controllable name="midicc-0-7" id="..." flags="" value="0"/>

You can also safely remove that <Controllable> line using a text editor, if you prefer that.

I set the volume for the channels to different values and i still get no sound for the midi track from the saved project. I get sound when i make a new midi track after opening my old project so i think this bug has to do with sound itself.

It shows sound but i hear nothing

The left-most meter is a MIDI signal indicator (it’s also yellowish as opposed to audio-signal meters).

What synth plugin are you using?

Im using helm synthesizer vst

Audio works completly fine when opening a project. Only the midi from a reopened project is not giving any sound (No sound if going into plugin menu and trying to press keys either)

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.