No plugins available in Ardour

Hi

I am using Debian Lenny and as you might know, there is no Ardour for that distro. So I installed it via the 64studio repositories. It works great, but there are no plugins whatsoever. When I try to add them, there are just no entries.
The Ardour version is: 2.8, the build 4918

I have all the Ladspa and DSSI plugins installed on my distro.

when starting up Ardour in CLI, I see this:

no more csLADSPA plugins

that is the only error message that I can see that pertains to plugins.

How can I get the plugins?

thanks

Markus

Ever tried to build some LADSPA-Plugin-packages from source?
If they are in /usr/local/lib they should be found…

btw.: Ardour does not support DSSI …

Hmm, they are not there, yet they are installed. Seems that debian puts them somewhere else. Is there a variable to change the location for Ardour? If I change it permanently, I can probably expect all the other programs on my debian platform not to find the plugins anymore.

And I really don’t get so far what DSSI is, I just have it installed :wink: sheepishly looking

Markus

@browny_amiga: are you familiar with ardour to know where the list of plugins would actually appear?

I have just looked at it again and seen that I assumed wrongly by seeing a empty list of plugins. That was actually empty because it showed which plugins were defined.
I have now seen that in another place, there are plugins. So I am pretty new to Ardour and still have to find out more how the whole thing works.

Thanks for pointing that out

Markus

Hi,

Could anyone explain where new plugins DO appear please ?
I have installed the SWH & CMT packages using the package manager, and then restarted computer.
I can’t find the plugin manager in any of the menus or by right-clicking anywhere.

system
Ubuntu 10.10
ardour 2.8.11
(built from revision 7387)

thanks in advance

http://en.flossmanuals.net/Ardour/UsingPlugIns